Invented back in 19th century, rugby game has gained lots of fans among the sport betting lovers since the beginning of the era of bookmakers and till today it has been one of the most popular sport types of gambling. These days, bookies like 1xBet offer dozens of matches on a daily basis. Most of these matches come with 4-digit number of different markets.
Specifically here, in 1xBet you are going to find bets for the two main rugby game formats – Rugby League and Rugby Union.
Before starting betting on rugby matches, it is important for you to know well what the differences and the similarities between these two formats are. In short, here is what you need to know in advance:
- Similarities – In both of these two rugby game formats, the matches last 80 minutes. This playing time is divided into two halves, each 40 minutes. The main goal in both formats – the Rugby League and the Rugby Union – is to score more points than your opponent.
- Differences – In Rugby League a team is formed of 13 players on the field and 10 substitutes, while in the Union version we’ve got 15 contestants and 7 substitutes. The other main difference between the two formats is the rewarding with different number of points per achievement – 4 points are given for tries in Rugby League, while in the Union version they are 5 points; 2 points are provided for penalty kicks in Rugby League and 3 points are given for the same achievement in Rugby Union; 1 point is for drop goals in Rugby Leagues, while in Rugby Union for the drop goals you are given 3 points.
As a customer in 1xBet you are going to be able to bet on the most powerful rugby championship in South Africa – Currie Cup – as well as on many other international tournaments where our teams take part in. For instance, such championships are the tournament of Super Rugby (also very popular by the name of Super 14 till 2010 year) and Pro 14 championship where the teams from South Africa play against teams from Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Italy.
Naturally, here we talk about one big international bookmaker and in its platform there aren’t only bets on matches or championships where teams from South Africa participate. Championships like Challenge Cup, NRL in Australia, RFL Championship, The Cup of the European champions, several rugby divisions from France and the Cup Mitre in New Zealand are only few of the championships included in this betting operator’s rugby betting program. Now, we are going to list a small part of the bet types you can try and thanks to which the total number of the different betting options reach almost 1000 and even more:
- Handicap lines and Under / Over bets with hundreds of different possibilities for a bet
- Individual number of the points per one team with more than 100 different possibilities for a bet
- First team to score up to 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40 points
- The way for the first and the last point to be scored
- When the first winner is going to be known – during the official time or in the extra-time
- Total number of tries
- The correct time of the first try
- Correct score during particular minute of the whole playing time – 10th, 20th, 30th, 50th or 60th minute
- The different types of almost all of these bets are offered also specifically for the first half time
If you are not very experienced in rugby sport betting, you might be probably not aware of the fact that in most of the other bookies the selection of matches and mainly the selection of the bet types is significantly more limited which makes 1xBet our favourite betting website for gambling in rugby sphere and we are also sure that this page is going to become your favourite one for rugby offers quite soon, too!