SportsBet is one of the most distinguishable bookmakers in South Africa these days. It was established back in 1989 year as a family business and till today, which is three generations later, it has been managed by the same way, as a family-run business unity. SportsBet is also one of the most modern sport betting operators. In difference to most of the other local betting operators, it offers a wide range of deposit methods and in addition to these, it will also make you happy with a 100% secured website thanks to the integrated Verisigh SSL technology, as well as amazing extras like fast income payment, odds that are around the average level in the country, unique types of a bet, short-term interesting bonuses and special offers. Last, but not least, this betting operator provides a specially tailored website version that is compatible and adapted to smartphones and tablets.
The registration form in SportsBet includes 4 short stages to pass:
- 1. Customer details – You should fill in Title, first name, last name, birth date and number of your passport, ID or other identity document
- 2. Access Details – Here the only obligatory fields that you should fill in are those for a password and for password confirmation. Please, note that it is recommended to type in your telephone number, as well.
- 3. Security Check – In the sake of higher security that this bookie tries to guarantee itself that a certain registration isn’t an “attempt” made by a bot you are required to type the letters which you are going to see on the image right under the filed.
- 4. Terms and Conditions – Here you should confirm that you agree with the terms and conditions established in SportsBet and then, to press on the button called Submit in order to successfully complete your registration process.
As we have already mentioned it, SportsBet is one of the most flexible bookmakers in South Africa as to the options for deposits and withdrawals. You can make your financial transactions in the platform by using any of the following methods:
- MasterCard credit card – deposits and withdrawals
- Visa credit card – deposits and withdrawals
- Dinners Club credit card – deposits and withdrawals
- Bank transfers –deposits and withdrawals
- Online bank wire transfers via ABSA – deposits and withdrawals
- Online bank wire transfers via FNB – only deposits
- Moneybookers – deposits and withdrawals
- Instant EFT – SID – only deposits
SportsBet is the only sport betting website where there are no limits as to the withdrawals. You can withdrawal as much as you want from your account regardless whether the amount is too small, or too high. The limits are available only in the deposits where the minimum amount is established at R 5 and the maximum amount is R 50 000.
Each single financial transaction made in this reputable South African bookie – no matter where it is a withdrawal, or a deposit – is with 0% fee.
Here is more good news for this betting company’s potential customers – most of the deposits are executed with even 1 second of a delay. It does not refer only to the bank transfers that take place up to 3 working days, as well as to the financial transactions made via Moneybookers where the duration time for the execution is nearly 1 day. When you want to make a withdrawal, you will have to way from 1 to 4 days.
What you can place a bet on in SportsBet?
The sport betting category is the most powerful one in this bookmaker. Even though it does not impress us with very high odds (the odds in this betting page are, though, at a decent average level that has been established in South Africa), it is very likely for you to be surprised by the big range of bet types in all the sport disciplines, especially in the football section.
To be more specific, one of this bookie’s strongest points is represented by the long-term bets where there are more options even when comparing their number with the number of options in the leaders from the betting industry as a whole. For instance, if only taking the Championship League for an example, we see in SportsBet more than 50 different types of a special long-term bet, like the following:
- The winner in Group X
- The teams that will fall out from Group X
- The winner in the tournament
- Which country will detach a winner in the tournament
- The best team from a certain country within the tournament
- Team X not to fall out from the tournament
- The goal scorer of the tournament
We see similar long-term bets in each of the biggest championships offered for betting in the bookie.
We are obliged to mention that the long-term bets are not at the expense of the bet types per a certain match, which are by the way up to 40, including bets for goal scorers.
The unpleasant surprise here is that such a bookmaker with such a wide range of sport betting practically does not have a functional live betting service. You will see a category called In-Play in this betting page, but in this category there are barely a couple of matches per day.
Does SportsBet offer any bonuses?
SportsBet does not offer any permanent bonuses in its website – such as an accumulated bet bonus or a new customer special offer – but yet, the betting operator releases once in a while some offers on different interesting sport events. As a whole, the bonus system isn’t something this betting company can be proud of.
Mobile App SportsBet
The bookmaker has a very light and easy to be used mobile website version, which, though, isn’t going to display on your smartphone immediately. In other words, when you type in address bar of your device browser the name of the website, you will at first see the desktop version opening, while the mobile version is accessible via a banner that is located in the right side of your screen.
The customer support service in SportsBet offers telephone and an e-mail address, but no live chat is available here.
- Telephone Local – 0861 620 630
- Betting Line – 0860 510 520 / +27 21 700 5990
- Email – email@example.com
Address: 1 House Vincent, Brodie Road Faure, Wynberg, Cape Town, 8051 PO Box 186 South Africa